3/13/2013

Present.me

  • Present.me
Please check the link here: Present.me, or visit the following link:  https://present.me/home/pres

  • What is Present.me?
Present.me is a website service where users can upload their presentation. The presentation type can be slices and video, slices and audio, slices, and video. Users can upload ppt file or Google Docs and record the video when making the presentation. After recording, users can share the presentation with others by embedding in their blogs or email the link to their friends. Viewers of the presentation can download the ppt file if they are interested in the contents.


  • How to use it?


  • Why is the content good for language learning?
  1. For teachers, Present.me enables them to make presentation through internet. Students can access to Present.me to review the contents of the lecture anytime.
  2. For large classes or if class time is limited, some students do not have chance to make presentation in the class. They can finish at home and send the link of finished work to teachers.
  3. Students can download the ppt file for future review.
  4. Compared with Brainshark, viewers can see the real person in the presentation.

  • How might you use it in a language teaching context?
  1. Shy students have chances to make presentation. Sometimes they can make better performances in Present.me than in the class.
  2. It avoids students' cheating in the presentation making, because teachers can see students in the video.
  3. In the online lecture, especially for pronunciation lecture, the camera can capture lecturer's facial movements.
  4. Teachers can discuss lesson plan through Present.me.
  5. In some discussion homework, two or more students can finish discussion together.
  • Limitations
  1. It requires that users should have high speed of internet accessing. Otherwise, it would sacrifice the video effects to guarantee the quality of audio effects.
  2. Users cannot edit the presentation contents.
  3. Brainshark has more convenient sharing functions than Present.me.

  • Demo

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jay, I really enjoyed the way you used present.me, very creatively and accurately. I can now see very clear the benefits of this tool. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caro. I believe that Present.me will play a more crucial role in the distance learning, especially for making presentations or lectures at home.

      Delete
  2. I learned a lot about Peter Jackson - thanks! You did well to keep going so fluently - obviously you know a lot about the subject matter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching my video, Tilly. I am glad to share my interests with others : )

      Delete